Sunday 4 March 2007

Blue and Purple

Since we moved to a house with a proper garden, I have become much more aware of nature and the changing seasons. That's even though we live next to a busy road in a town. The warm winter has given everything a head start. This pulmonaria is flowering now in a shady corner of the garden.

I had been thinking for a while that I needed something to do in the evenings. With encouragement from my art student daughter, and partly inspired by all the lovely crocheting currently on various blogs and on Flickr, I have started some crochet.
It's many years since I did any crocheting, and I'm glad I have taken it up again. Once you've got the knack it's quite straightforward to do. Although I do think some patterns are easier to understand than others. It's very absorbing, and best of all, it grows really quickly!



This is to be a scarf for my daughter. She likes to wear darker colours and she particularly likes shades of purple. I am working it the long way, and I think probably twice as wide as this will be wide enough.