Thursday 22 March 2007

Quilt Show Goodies

We had a fun day out on Saturday. My husband took me to the Spring Quilt Festival at Linton near Cambridge.
They have quilt shows there every year in March and November. It's quite a distance to travel, but it's worth it to me to do some shopping, as there is hardly anything in the way of fabric shops where we live. I usually buy my quilting fabric from quilt shows or over the internet.
The show was well attended, and it's always very interesting to look at the quilts on display. There were lots of vendors there, and I spent some money and bought these fabrics.

These aren't for any specific project, they're just for stash! Don't you love that big spot print?

Some finished projects to show you:



The pink crochet scarf and the bunny ornament I posted about a couple of weeks ago. . .

. . .and this fancy potholder for my kitchen. I'm pleased with the way this turned out. I used 4-ply cotton.
My husband says it reminds him of Cornishware pottery.