Wednesday 11 April 2007

Spring Sunshine

"Green is the fresh emblem of well-founded hopes. In blue the spirit can wander, but in green it can rest."
-Mary Webb




What a difference it makes to the whole garden when the grass has just been cut.
Like when you vacuum the carpet in a room.
This was the first cut of the year, which my husband did at the weekend (after he had fixed the broken mower). Maybe a bit late for the first cut, I know.
At this time of year it looks evenly green. There are a few weeds in it, but I don't really consider daisies to be weeds.
I've been thinking about putting some crocus bulbs in in the autumn, so next spring I could have a sweep of yellow and purple crocuses across the grass.
Don't be thinking it's all this neat and tidy, though!
Sorting out this area is my next job.