Sunday 8 June 2008

Rambling Rose Applique

With all my recent knitting activity, I haven't been neglecting sewing. This is the quilt I'm working on at the moment. It's taken me a couple of weeks to almost complete this centre panel.

It's really nice working with these lovely colours and fabrics. The pattern is a Pat Sloan design from an old McCall's Quilting magazine. I saved the magazine intending to make this pattern "one day", but when I looked at the date I was surprised to see it was April 2004. Didn't realise I'd had it for 4 years! I did some research on the McCall's website and it seems this magazine is still available as a back issue.

The background is pieced from several different neutral prints. It was good to be able to use the green sampler-style print.

There will be a narrow defining border, then a wider one with more applique.