Thursday 24 July 2008

Sunshine Day

I don't know if you remember this quilt I posted about back in May. I finished the top but wasn't sure if the colours worked. Well, I've got used to the yellow and I think it does look better quilted. In the light, bright days of summer the colours look all right.
The pattern is Old Glory by Renee Plains. I added an extra row of blocks to mine, making it square.

You can see in the first picture there are two different yellow fabrics. I didn't have enough of either to do all the sashings, so I used a combination of the two.

The sashing strips on the outer edge are a lovely Robyn Pandolph print I've had for years. You can't really see much of it, but still it was nice to be able to use some of it.
I must just say thank you to Twyla and Lindsey for this award:

And to Lyn for this one:

They both write amazing blogs and I'm pleased and very flattered that they thought of me.
I'm supposed to choose several bloggers to pass these awards on to, but there are so many wonderful blogs out there. If you read this blog, whether you comment or not, I appreciate you, so I'm going to follow Meggie's example and say if you'd like an award, consider it yours!
It's been very hot here the last couple of days, too hot to do any gardening, although lots of things need cutting back now. It's nice for a change to walk around the garden with my camera and just observe, rather than feel the compulsive need to work on it, LOL.

I don't know the name of the pink flowers, but behind them is a yellow potentilla, and in front is alchemilla mollis.

Poppy seedheads.

Hope you're enjoying the summer.