Friday 26 September 2008

Crochet and Fun Mail

I don't seem to have got much done this week, but I have started crocheting some squares for a throw, the only function of which will be to look nice. I'm thinking of this as a longer term project, and I can just make a few squares when I feel like it.

The pattern is from a book called 101 Granny Squares by Darla Sims, published by Annie's Attic. There are some very nice cottagey-style motifs in this book. I thought this block was so pretty. When I saw the pattern I immediately imagined it with the centre flower in different colours.
I've been doing one row extra all the way round to make them a bit bigger, because they are beautifully small, but other than that I'm keeping to the pattern.

This lovely fabric basket arrived last week from Darlene. It's such a nice size and will be very useful. It's beautifully made and the workmanship is FLAWLESS.

It makes a perfect container for balls of thread. Thank you, Darlene!