Friday 12 December 2008

Wool Pincushion

We've had some nice bright weather this week, so I've got some sewing done despite the short December days. I like to work in natural light where possible, and of course decent light is necessary for taking photos. This was a nice quick project which I really enjoyed.
It came about because I wanted to make something with the lovely blue hand-dyed wool I used for the background. I didn't have a pattern, I just played around with colours and shapes until I was satisfied with the arrangement.

I deliberately left the flower petals unstitched, but I wanted to "work into it" a bit, as my daughter's art teacher used to say, and I added some touches of embroidery and some beads. The beads were left over from the Christmas card I made a couple of posts back.

It was just a bit of fun really, to see what I could come up with. I might do it differently if I did it again, but I love these colours, and as a pincushion it will be useful as well.

I'm taking a Christmas break from blogging now. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and I'll be back in 2009.